Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 07:06AM
Swiss business school IMD publishes an annual World Competitiveness Survey. In the 2012 survey published earlier in the Summer covering 59 countries, Ireland comes out quite well, and is improving. As highlighted by Digital Times here, we are
- 1st for availability of skilled labour
- 1st for flexibility and adaptability of workforce
- 1st for investment incentives
- 1st for attitudes towards globalisation
- 2nd for business legislation-openness to foreign investors
- 2nd for large corporations that are efficient by international standards
- 2nd for adaptability of companies
- 4th for Corporate Tax rate on profit and real corporate taxes
Why is our overall ranking still only 20th out of 59 ? You are not getting that information in this post - look at the title, please ! - but here's a hint: electricity.
Nonetheless, it remains true that "we" are clearly doing some things very right.